5 Cruciferous Vegetables That Can Help You Lose Weight
Cruciferous vegetables are low-calorie, diuretic, and rich in vitamins and minerals, which are very beneficial to the body.
Cruciferous vegetables are high in protein, high in nutritional value, low in calories, and good for cleansing the body. The best thing about this vegetable is that it’s high in fiber, so it provides a great feeling of satiety. So all of the attributes of this vegetable are perfect to add to your weight loss diet.
So, today I would like to introduce you to the most beneficial cruciferous vegetables. We’ll also recommend some recipes to help you follow a healthy diet plan.
You’ll find that adding cruciferous vegetables to your daily diet isn’t complicated and instead is a tasty change.
5 cruciferous vegetables that can help you lose weight
Water parsley is a vegetable full of vitamins, minerals, and fiber that helps get rid of excess fat. This vegetable also has a diuretic effect, which cleanses the body by removing excess fluid and keeping the intestines working well.
So it’s a good idea to add water parsley (55g) to your diet at least once a week. If you don’t like the scent of water parsley, you can mix it with a smoothie or juice.
- 1 tablespoon (15g) washed watercress
- 1 cup (200 ml) water
- Soak the water parsley in water overnight .
- Filter the water the next morning and drink it.
- Drink this drink for a month and cleanse your body regularly.
The second cruciferous vegetable I’m going to introduce today is broccoli, which is low in sodium and high in fiber. Broccoli is low in calories (25 kcal per cup) and rich in nutrients, so it is good for weight loss.
It can be easily served with other ingredients, making it a great addition to many recipes.
Here, we introduce salmon with boiled broccoli . Follow this recipe to benefit from high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals.
- 1 medium-sized salmon
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon (15 g) rosemary or dried basil, chopped
- Salt to season
- 1/4 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) raisins
- 1 cup (200 g) broccoli
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- First, mix olive oil with half the chopped rosemary and salt. Then soak the salmon for 20 minutes.
- Then fry the onion until transparent.
- Add the raisins and the remaining rosemary and stir slowly over medium heat until brown.
- In the meantime, put the broccoli in a pot and boil.
- Cook the salmon in a frying pan and add no more oil.
- Place the salmon on a plate and garnish with raisins, broccoli, and onions.
3. Bell pepper cabbage
I know that some people are unfamiliar with eating bell pepper. However, this cabbage is very rich in vitamins and minerals.
The key to cooking bell pepper cabbage is not to overcook it, which will give it a bitter taste.
Let’s make the bell pepper with butter as follows .
- 1/2 cup (27g) well-washed bell pepper cabbage
- 1 tablespoon (20 g) butter
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- First, melt the butter in a frying pan.
- When the butter is completely melted, fry the cabbage.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
It’s also a good idea to eat this vegetable with lean protein and carbohydrates (brown or whole wheat pasta).
The next cruciferous vegetable, cauliflower is good for weight loss because it has low calories . Cauliflower boasts a lot of water and fiber, which helps regulate digestion and helps you feel full . It also contains vitamins B, C, E, iron, folic acid and allicin, which can reduce the risk of heart disease.
Let’s look at the cauliflower patty recipe as follows . This patty is delicious and easy to prepare. It’s also the perfect way to get your kids to eat cauliflower.
- 1 cup (100 g) cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (120 g) flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) yeast
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper (to season)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- First , boil the cauliflower until it hardens. Then cut it into pieces.
- In a bowl of whipped egg, flour, salt, garlic, parsley, pepper and yeast, add cauliflower and mix.
- Add some milk to make a thick batter, then add a few pieces of cauliflower.
- Leave the dough for at least 30 minutes to activate the yeast .
- Make a small ball of dough and press it flat.
- Fry the patties in hot oil until golden.
- Place it on a plate with vegetables.
This cruciferous vegetable contains high amounts of vitamins C and K, folic acid, potassium and magnesium . The carbohydrate content is low, so you can eat as much cabbage as you want.
As follows: cabbage soup Let’s make.
- 1 medium cabbage
- 6 large onions
- 2 green peppers
- 6 tomatoes
- 5 celery stalks
- Salt and pepper (to season)
- Wash the vegetables and cut them into small chunks.
- Pour enough water into the pot to cover the vegetables and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to season.
- Leave on low heat for about 30 minutes until the desired texture is achieved.